|Version 3 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Steps for setting up the WiMAX BTS on ORBIT
Please note: Do not restart BTS until all changes are complete. If you do happen to restart, you will have to use the serial interface to connect to the BTS.
Step1 Configuring the IP
We'll need to adjust the ip's of both interfaces. They're managed via two independent files which exists on two different machines/ip combos.
The "DSP" machine:
- Copy the attached networkenv.orbit locally (to your console) and edit it's addresses to reflect your organisations Address Structure. If this is the first BS in your organization your address should be of the form 10.3.X.1, where X is the numerical ID given to your group.
- Copy (via SCP) to file to /flash/networkenv. The default IP of the DSP machine is 192.168.1.10.
scp networkenv.orbit email@example.com:/flash/networkenv
The "Network" Machine
- Telnet to the N/W card at 192.168.1.42/24. User root as the username, you will not be asked for a password.
- Edit the /etc/network/interfaces eth1 entry to organisations Address Structure. It should be of the form 10.3.X.2, for the first BTS. The entry should look
auto eth1 iface eth1 inet static address 10.3.X.2 network 10.3.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 broadcast 10.3.255.255 gateway 10.3.X.1
Finally you'll need to configure your own interface to be in the same subnet as the BS Ip's. For the first BS it should be of the form 10.3.X.254.
Step 2 Configure The BS software
- Use wiset commands below to correct configuration on the BTS:
wiset authgw_id 0x41534E47 wiset authgw_port 0x08B7 wiset asngw_id 0x41534E4757303030 wiset asngw_dp_port 0x08B7 wiset asngw_ep_port 0x08B7 wiset bs_rx_port 0x08B7 wiset bsid 0x303030303030 wiset frequency 2551500 wiset bs_tx_power 40 wiset bw_mode 0 wiset dlul_ratio 2 wiset ttg 296 wiset rtg 168 wiset framesync_mode 2 wiset antenna_gain 0 # Other wiset commands changed to appropriately reflect new IP settings. wiset authgw_ip 0x0A030047 wiset asngw_dp_ip 0x0A030047 wiset asngw_ep_ip 0x0A030047