|Version 5 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
16. Wimax Measurement Experiment: oml2-iperf with variable link attenuation values
This experiment runs oml2-iperf on two nodes and collects bandwidth measurements along with the controlled attenuator values. The RSSI seen by the wimax node interface is varied by controlling this attenuator value. At different attenuator values we can measure the down link throughput for the wimax interface.
This experiment script is geared towards nodes on sand box 4 which has nodes with wireless interfaces connected the base station via an rf attenuator matrix.
- Sandbox 4 node1-4: runs oml2-iperf as server. The wimax interface card is used for measurements.
- Sandbox 4 node1-9: runs oml2-iperf as client.
- RF-attenuator matrix: this used by the script to attenuate the air interface between the wimax base station and node.
Software requirements worth mentioning
- baseline-iperf.ndz: disk image that's loaded onto the nodes. This image is loaded with oml2-iperf.
- oml2-server: this is a server running on sandbox 4 which collects measurement data from oml2-iperf.
Set up procedures
Getting started, ssh into the console of sandbox 4.
Verify the oml2-server is running: $ ps -elf | grep oml2-server
firstname.lastname@example.org:~/exp/dl-iperf/5.2$ ps -elf | grep oml2-server 4 S oml2 948 1 0 80 0 - 2471 poll_s Feb02 ? 00:00:16 /usr/bin/oml2-server -l 3003 --logfile=/var/log/oml2-server.log --user=oml2 --group=oml2 0 S nilanjan 1259 27360 0 80 0 - 1002 pipe_w 10:59 pts/1 00:00:00 grep oml2-server