|Version 3 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Base OS installation
- Choose relevant language and keyboard settings
- We expect eth2 is the up-link interface (used to internet access and remote control) and should be interface chosen for installation. It is also expected that eth2 will be connect to a network that will assign it a dhcp address.
- Specify a local USERNAME/PASSWORD combo. Please keep track of this information, it will be required for all setup procedures later on.
- Specify Manual partitioning and partition the disk as follows:
Number Type Size Flags File System Mount Point 1 Primary 20GB Bootable Ext4 / 2 Primary 20GB Ext4 /home 3 Primary 116GB Ext4 /export 4 Primary 4GB Swap
- If no explicit instruction is given for a setting, it's safe to assume the default should work.
- This version of Ubuntu does not work well with USB flash disk installations, The best results are with a burned CD/DVD and a USB CD/DVD drive as a the boot medium.
Configure Host Name
- Four networks
Setup networking as follows on the console host
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5). # The loopback network interface auto lo iface lo inet loopback # The CM network interface auto eth1 iface eth1 inet static address 10.1.0.254 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.1.0.255 # The Control network interface auto eth3 iface eth3 inet static address 10.10.0.254 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.10.0.255 # The Data network interface auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 10.20.0.254 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 10.20.0.255 # The primary network interface auto eth2 iface eth2 inet dhcp
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.