|Version 17 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
1. Power Connect power cable to -48 power supply with the provided cable; [Mean Well SP3XXX] 2. Networking Insert SFP+ and connect; list of supported SFP+s 3. Serial Console (optional) If needed for debugging
Fully connected AirSynergy without weatherproofing covers should look like this:
The AirSynergy supports direct connection to a -48VDC nominal power source.
Operating Voltage Range: -40.5 to 57 VDC
A power supply capable of 2A or greater is recommended (eg. Mean Well CLG-100-48).
Power Supply Connector/Cable
The base station end of the power supply cable uses a Molex 0039012040 housing (Digikey: WM3701-ND) with Molex 0039000039 pins (Digikey: WM2501-ND). The power supply cable itself is 4-conductor 16 AWG.
Power Connector Housing:
Power Connector Pinout:
Compatible SFP+ Adapters
The following SFP+ adapters were tested for compatibility with the AirSynergy.
NOTE: Fiber connections were tested with the following adapters on the "server" side:
Manufacturer Model Note Intel FTLX8571D3BCV-IT multi-mode fiber Intel FTLX1471D3BCV-IT single-mode fiber
CAT5/CAT6 (Copper Gigabit Ethernet)
Manufacturer Model Note Avago ABCU-5730ARZ 1G (T)
Manufacturer Model Note Dell FTLX8571D3BCL 1G/10G (SR) Finisar FTLX8571BCV Intel AFBR-703SDZ-IN2 Iwnetworks IW-TRSFPL-SR Finisar SFP-10GSR-85 Trendnet TEG-MGBSX Cisco 1000BASE-SX
Manufacturer Model Note Dell FTLX1471D3BCL
The base station has a 9 pin connector (hidden behind a black hex bolt next to the port marked "ETH") which allows access to the two serial consoles (one for the Airspan radio and the other for the networking unit). This is useful for recovery purposes when the base station does not respond via software, SSH, or web interfaces.
Serial Debug Connector/Cable
Compatible connector is made by CUI Inc. model MD-90 (Digikey: CP-2090-ND)
- Black plastic casing and strain relief are discarded, otherwise it will not fit into the base station.
- The front ¾" of the connector exterior must be kept clear (even heat shrink tubing on the front section will prevent insertion).
- Solder wires to the shorter/larger diameter pins.
- It is recommended to use hot glue or other potting compound on the rear of the connector to hold it and the wires together (since we had to discard the plastic casing).
Pinout of base station "jack":
airspan TX1, RX1 asil8xx TX2, RX2 Ground outer metal shell
Connect the cable to a standard RS232 serial port (no null-modem adapter needed).
Serial Port Settings
Baud Rate 120000 Data Bits 8 Stop Bits 1 Parity none Flow Control none Transmitted Text append carriage return (not applicable to PuTTY)
NOTE: PuTTY is recommended because it can properly forward commands like Ctrl+C to the base station which are necessary because the consoles have a linux style shell.